Inspiration for millions of women: Besê Anuş

  • women
  • 11:19 17 March 2024
  • |
img

IZMIR - Besê Anuş, the first woman to lose her life in the Kurdish freedom struggle, continues to be an inspiration to millions of women.

It has been 43 years since Besê Anuş, the first woman to lose her life in the Kurdish Freedom struggle, became immortal. The courage of Besê Anuş has an important place in the Kurdish freedom struggle, continues to be a source of inspiration for Kurdish and Alevi women. The courage of Anuş, who conveyed her will to her friends and people by a fire with the words "If I am martyred, I believe there will be hundreds of women who will raise my weapon", during the torture sessions still gives courage to all women, especially the women of Bazarcix, where she was born.
 
SHE DID NOT SUBMIT TO TORTURE
 
Besê was born in 1960 in Mıstoli hamlet, Esmapur (Karaağaç) District, Bazarcix district of Mereş. Besê, who fit great rebellions into her short life, was born as the sixth child of a family of 5 children. Later, she settled in Bazarcix with her family and studied secondary school here. In 1977, she married Mehmet Gencer. The story that led Besê, who lived a life outside of a classical marriage, to a rebellion like the meaning of her name, began in these years.
 
In 1977, Besê, who married Mehmet Gencer, left school in her last year of secondary school. Rejecting marriages in society and living as two comrades, Besê and Mehmet continued their revolutionary activities. When the name PKK began to be heard on November 27, 1978, Besê was one of the first women to recognize the PKK. The developments that led her to this rebellion were the Mereş Massacre, which is considered the beginning of the process leading to the September 12 coup. Besê, who started to take more part in revolutionary activities after the massacre, was detained in the operation that started in Bazarcix after the establishment of the PKK was announced. She was tortured.
 
Besê, who concentrated more on her revolutionary work after her release, was detained during the military coup of September 12, 1980 and tortured until her entire body was bruised.
 
THOUSANDS BID FAREWELLED
 
After her release, Besê was detained again in a new detention frenzy. When she did not speak, she was released again, but this time she went to the countryside, which she wanted very much, and joined the PKK. Besê lost her life in a conflict in March 1981 in the area known as "Little Castle" on the Aksu Stream, which passes between the Musolar (Payamlıbağ) and Şoiyon (Şallıuşağı) neighborhoods of Bazarcix. Approximately 3 thousand people attended Besê's funeral.
 
Besê Anuş has been an inspiration to millions of women in the 43 years since she became immortal. Today, the Kurdish women's movement has spread the women's struggle led by Anuş to the world by integrating it with the “Jin, Jiyan Azadî” philosophy of PKK Leader Abdullah Ocalan.
 

View More Articles

20/01/2025
15:05 Trustee protest in Akdeniz on its 11th day
15:04 Protest for Pakshan Azizi in front of Iranian Embassy
14:47 Turkey bombed water reservoir
14:46 'Peace' meeting of women: Our struggle for a free life
13:38 Reaction from 12 bar associations on attacks against Tishreen
12:30 Prosecutor referred journalists for arrest without taking testify
12:17 General strike against executions in Rojhilat
12:02 İmralı Delegation apply to Ministry of Justice
11:51 It's state's turn to take steps, CHP must be part of process says Tülay Hatimoğulları
11:26 Detained journalists appear in court
10:41 People react against Tishreen attacks
10:08 6 prisoners sentenced for cutting wires
09:52 Justice Commission for Rojin Kabaiş: We will follow the case
09:17 'Shoe search' imposition to women prisoners
19/01/2025
12:40 Jin magazine focuses on women's resistance against labour exploitation
10:32 Solution through dialogue will be benefical for everyone says Salih Muslim
10:32 İmralı Delegation apply to Ministry of Justice tomorrow
18/01/2025
17:42 Call from Şirnex: Stop the attacks in Tishreen
17:41 Attack on civilians at Tishreen Dam: Dead and wounded
17:39 Protest in 4 cities by IHD and relatives of disappeared
14:09 March in Idir: Attacks on Rojava must stop, its status must be recognised
14:05 Message of İmralı delegation: Hope and responsibility!
14:04 Assassination of two judges in Iran
14:03 Youth resistance against trustee continues
12:13 Reaction from journalists: Must unite against attacks
12:11 18th anniversary of Hrant Dink assassination: State must face the truth
12:10 Unity will ensure Kurdish status says Azadî Party Chair
09:35 'We continue the struggle where Karaağar left off'
09:33 'War is a public health problem'
09:32 State must be sincere like Öcalan say Peace Mothers
09:31 'Planter' campaign in Kurdistan: Change the system, not the climate
09:31 How to solve Kurdish issue: State and government must take step
17/01/2025
16:31 Statement by Mazloum Abdi about Barzani meeting
16:26 My father's dream came true in Rojava Kurdistan says Munîra Qazî
16:22 Link for '1 million signatures for peace' campaign
16:12 Call for '1 million signatures for peace' at trustee protest
13:53 Number of journalists in custody increases
13:26 Turkey massacred 11 civilians, including 2 journalists, in Tishreen in 40 days
12:49 Restriction on detained journalists' files
12:29 Families appeals to go to İmralı
12:15 CENTCOM commander meets with SDF commanders
12:14 Tishreen Dam resistance on its 10th day
11:40 We will meet with political parties in Ankara says DTSO chair Kaya
11:25 Federal future awaits Syria says NLSR member Direhî
10:14 İmralı Delegation: Public support will be most valuable building block of solution
09:30 Trustee protest by young people
09:29 Journalists detained
16/01/2025
15:58 Thousands in Kobanê protest massacre in Tishreen
15:50 'The people will send trustee back where it came from'
15:23 Öcalan will have a special call for women says Pervin Buldan