Gergerlioğlu: I am receiving threats

  • actual
  • 13:16 16 February 2021
  • |
img

ANKARA - HDP MP Ömer Faruk Gergerlioğlu, against whom an investigation was started on grounds that he criticized the TSK operation against Garé, underlined that he was recieving threats and said: "We are trying to defend everyone's rights regardless of who they are."

 
13 soldiers, police officers and MİT members were killed during the operation TSK carried out against the Garé district of Federated Kurdistan Region on February 10. Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) Kocaeli Deputy Ömer Faruk Gergerlioğlu whom the families of these soldiers and MİT members applied to for the government to take action in terms of getting them back tweeted about the soldiers killed in the air attack and offered his condolences to their families and an investigation was started against him on grounds of this tweet. 
 
Stating that he has received applications regarding the detained persons for years and has been following the matter closely, Gergerlioğlu said, “As a person who strives for this work to result in peace, I am very sorry that his happened. This is why I tweeted about it and then I was targeted for telling the truth. Similar situations have happened before and we were able to get positive results from them. The families had been waiting for a long time. Their statements were clear and they were miserable for the last 6 years.They knocked on all doors. They have visited the President 2 times and nothing was done. They were told to wait. They visited every political party but nothing changed. These people could have been taken back alive. But it would disrupt the plans of the current government. As a result of a confrontational understanding, a tragedy like this have happened."
 
'I LOOKED FOR A SOLUTION'
 
Known as a defender of rights and a member of the Parliamentary Human's Rights Inquiry Committee, Gergerlioğlu said: "I searched for a solution to this problem and followed it through. And when these people died I criticized. I did not insult anyone. I just explained the situation. These people could have been saved. I gave a humanitarian message. Then all hell broke loose and I was subjected to an online lynching campaign. I was insulted and threatened. We are taking legal action against these messages. But even though I am the one to recieve threats, they launched an investigation against me. We are being targeted. They are preventing us from doing our jobs as members of the parliament. I am recieving death threats. We are trying to defend human's rights under these circumstances. We are trying to defend everyone's rights regardless of who they are."
 
 
MA / Diren Yurtsever

View More Articles

10/03/2022
12:06 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with their client
12:02 Şenyaşar family: We started alone, we will be millions tomorrow
09/03/2022
16:19 Prisoners in Kürkçüler Prison not referred to hospital for 3 months
16:10 Senyaşar family's sit-in completes its first year
12:27 Senyaşar family's sit-in completes its first year
12:26 Karatay's funeral released to her family in a container after six years
07/03/2022
16:50 Women of Rojava vow to liberate Öcalan
14:53 Women journalists: We will respond to the masculine mentality with our reports
12:40 Emine Şenyaşar calls for participation to first year anniversary of Justice Watch
12:36 From Öcalan to women: Freedom is the only salvation
05/03/2022
12:27 Şenyaşar family calls people for first anniversary of Justice Watch
12:27 120 people abducted in Afrin in 2 months
04/03/2022
16:58 SDF: Allegations of the Turkish press are unfounded
14:05 Investigation launched against HDP's Semra Güzel
14:04 Police raid on Aksoy whose son's bones sent in a container via post office
12:16 New application submitted by Öcalan's family and guardian
12:15 Aydoğan: Mass struggle will ensure Öcalan's freedom
10:37 Musician Nudem Durak: I'm afraid I won't be able to sing again
03/03/2022
15:07 Lawyers of Abdullah Öcalan apply for a visit to Imrali
14:28 Ferit Şenyaşar: Government has the surveillence videos in their archives
14:27 Diyarbakır Bar Association releases report on violations of children's rights
02/03/2022
15:33 Aktar: In order for the peace to be establised, Ukraine needs to defend itself like Rojava
15:29 ÖHD to apply to Ministry of Justice for a visit to İmralı
12:54 Seeker of justice buried in concrete walls: Emine Şenyaşar
07:35 Parliamentary immunity of HDP's Semra Güzel removed
01/03/2022
18:57 HDP parliamentary group demonstrates in solidarity with Semra Güzel
17:59 Police attack Şenyaşar family in front of the courthouse in Urfa
12:48 Ferit Şenyaşar: We will continue to be here in front of the courthouse
12:04 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with their client
12:03 Main message in DBP Congress: Kurdish question will not be resolved without Öcalan
28/02/2022
16:54 Leyla Güven and 16 other women transferred to other prisons
13:50 Şenyaşar family in front of the Court of Appeal
13:39 Call for unity against masculine politics: Transformation comes with revolution
12:32 Woman sued for membership of PKK over posting picture of Zapatista woman
11:25 Witnessing a war: The occupation of the masculine mind and women
27/02/2022
14:29 Message from imprisoned politicians to DBP congress: Those who resist will have the last word
11:21 6th Ordinary Congress of DBP kicks off
26/02/2022
15:47 Aykol: Capitalism needs war to get out of its crisis
12:22 Aygül Doku: I will be the voice of Gülistan on March 8
12:21 Şenyaşar family: If we are in the same boat, why is this cruelty?
25/02/2022
16:28 Koç: The solution of the Russia-Ukraine war is in the Third Path
13:12 Sarısözen: The world is paying the price for the deadlock of the Kurdish question
24/02/2022
15:38 Kurdish political prisoner threatened by guard with decapitation
14:56 Drone attack on the Qamishlo-Amude road: 4 injured
14:55 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with their client
14:55 Student injured in racist attack: Police protected the attackers
23/02/2022
16:01 Family of Gülistan Doku detained
16:00 Doku family stopped by police in front of Ministry of Justice
15:51 Detained YDG member missing
14:41 Law proposal on women's rights submitted to the Federal Kurdistan Parliament